Monday

Pigs of Peace

I didn't realize Big Eye wanted this blog to be about things we eat but i'm cool with that because I like to eat and I like to talk about myself. Yesterday was the NY barbecue festival and I finagled a free VIP pass out of a friend of mine. I spent the afternoon adrift on a sea of tender meat and icy beer. Each tiny meat-dom was ruled by a tyrannical and enormous Texan whose underlings scurried about with plates of various smoky meat treats bathed in various coatings of mysterious and well guarded origins. Such treats include but are not limited to baby back ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken, coleslaw, creole cassoulet, pulled pork shoulder, pecan pie and blessedly cold beer) . After several hours I waddled away unsteadily, my fingers sticky, my shirt ruined, my midsection turgid and my heart at peace (if beating with some difficulty). This sense of ease washed over me like so much Carolina hot-sauce as North and South came together in perfect harmony in the United Nations of my innards. I'm not saying I can fix the world's problems (especially when I'm this full and drunk), I'm just saying that meat and beer can.

1 comment:

IB said...

Oh man that looks amazing:

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/06/all_you_need_to_know_about_the.html